Buganda Region Football Association confirmed Masaka as the hosts of the 2020 General Assembly on 19th, September.
The confirmation was in 3rd Division League club CEOs and Chairmen meeting held on Friday 14th, August at New Lions Hotel Mengo.
“Like the norm has been since we took office of holding our General Assembly this year Masaka will be the hosts.” Stated Mr. Andy Kaweesa, Chairman Buganda Region Football Association.
“Club should hold its General Assembly to asses themselves and get set for Regional and Federation Assemblies. It (General Assembly) also help them in making budgets for next season.” Advised Mr. Kaweesa.
“For clubs in the play offs, i call upon them to get prepared because we want to outclass Kampala Region and get our team promoted to FUFA Big League.” Added Kaweesa
Buwambo United Football Club (Katonga group) and Luweero United (Ssezibwa group) are the teams in the play offs.
In the meeting, Members made the following proposals for consideration ahead of the General Assembly.
- Marketing Agency, members present proposed that league should have a marketing agency to help them in getting sponsors.
- All 3rd Division clubs should have Bank accounts registered in the names of the club.
- Change of Venue for the the regional finals. Earlier on, it was communicated that Masaka will host the finals (promotional play offs)
- Junior Teams should be optional for 3rd Division clubs.
- 3rd Division League clubs should submit their play grounds for inspection.
- Club CEOs and Chairmen were also reminded about the ongoing 2020/21 Season Player registration which will end on 21st, September.