The Buganda Region Football Associations (BRFA) is one of the Eight (8) Regional Member Associations of the Federation of Uganda Football Associations mandated to organize and supervise all football activities on FUFA’s behalf at the grass roots in Buganda Region.
The Buganda Region Football Associations encompasses 25 Districts including Kayunga, Mukono, Buikwe, Buvuma, Luweero, Nakaseke, Nakasongola, Wakiso, Mpigi, Mubende, Mityana, Kiboga, Kyankwanzi, Kassanda, Kalungu, Masaka, Bukomansimbi, Rakai, Lwengo, Lyantonde, Ssembabule, Gomba, Kyotera, Kalangala and Butambala from the Seventeen (17) counties of Buganda Kingdom i.e. Bugerere, Buvuma, Kyaggwe, Bulemeezi, Buruli, Busiro, Busujju, Butambala, Buweekula, Ggomba, Mawokota, Ssingo , Buddu, Kkooki, Kabula, Mawogola and Ssese
The Buganda Region Football Associations (BRFA) was founded by FUFA in 2004 and the Association is seated on four (4) bodies; The General Assembly, Executive Committee, Standing Committees and Secretariat.
Mr. Kaweesa Andrew is the current Chairman of the Buganda Region Football Associations and the General Secretary is Eng. Ssejjemba Brian.
The Buganda Region Football Associations (BRFA) is located at Madika House opposite Lisa Medical Center Mengo along Wakaliga Road.
Buganda RFA organises competitions ranging from 3rd Division Leagues, Uganda Cup regional Preliminary rounds, Odilo Regional Championship, Regional Airtel Rising Stars Championship and supervises the 4th and 5th Division Leagues as ran by the respective District Football Associations.
Objectives of BRFA
1) To improve the game of football constantly and promote, regulate and control it throughout the territory of Buganda Region in the light of fair play and its unifying, educational, cultural and humanitarian values, particularly through youth and development programmes;
2) To organise competitions in Association Football in all its forms at a regional level, by defining precisely, as required, the areas of authority conceded to the various Leagues of which it is composed;
3) To draw up regulations and provisions and ensure their enforcement;
4) To protect the interests of its Members;
5) To respect and prevent any infringement of the statutes, regulations, directives and decisions of FIFA, of CAF, FUFA and BRFA as well as the Laws of the Game and to ensure that these are also respected by its Members;
6) To prevent all methods or practices which might jeopardise the integrity of matches or competitions or give rise to abuse of Association Football;
7) To control and supervise all friendly football matches in BRFA jurisdiction of all forms played throughout the territory of BRFA;
8) To manage inter regional sporting relations connected with Association Football in all its forms;
9) To host competitions at regional and other lower levels;
10) To co-operate with FUFA in all matters relating to international competitions or relating to the laws of the game of association football and generally to adhere to and comply with the FUFA Rules
11) To undertake other football activities as the regional assembly may from time to time determine.
Neutrality and non-discrimination
1) BRFA is neutral in matters of party politics and religion.
2) Discrimination of any kind against a country, private person or group of people on account of race, skin colour, ethnic, national or social origin, sex, gender, language, religion, political opinion or any other opinion, wealth, birth, sexual orientation or any other status or any other reason is strictly is prohibited.
Promoting friendly relations
1) BRFA shall promote friendly relations between its Members, Clubs, Officials and Players and in society for humanitarian objectives.
2) Every person and organisation involved in the game of football is obliged to observe the Statutes, regulations and the principles of fair play as well as the principles of loyalty, integrity and sportsmanship.
3) BRFA shall abide by the FUFA provided necessary institutional means to resolve any internal dispute that may arise between Members, Players and Officials of the BRFA and its members.
1) The status of Players and the provisions for their transfer shall be regulated by the Executive Committee of FUFA within the territory of Uganda and in accordance and subject to the Current FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of player
2) Players shall be registered in accordance with the Regulations of FUFA.
Laws of the Game
1) BRFA and each of its Members shall play Association Football in compliance with the Laws of the Game issued by IFAB. Only IFAB may lay down and alter the Laws of the Game.
2) BRFA and each of its Members shall play Futsal and Beach Soccer in accordance with the the Futsal Laws of the Game and Beach soccer Laws of the Game. Only FIFA may lay down and alter the Futsal Laws of the Game and Beach Soccer Laws of the Game.
3) BRFA and its Members shall adhere to and comply with FUFA Rules
Conduct of bodies and Officials
The bodies and Officials of BRFA must observe the Statutes, regulations, directives, decisions and the Code of Ethics of FIFA, of CAF, of FUFA and of BRFA if applicable in their activities.
1) The bodies and Officials of BRFA shall exhibit fair play, integrity, principles and best practices of good governance at all times.
2) The Regional General Assembly shall be responsible to enforce good governance of its bodies and members
3) The BRFA subjects itself to inspection or investigations by FUFA or its delegated authority in order to ascertain and ensure good governance
1) The official language of BRFA shall be Luganda and/or English. Official documents and texts shall be written in any of these languages.
2) The official language at the Regional General Assembly shall be Luganda and/or English.